What can I say, these balls are just little powerhouses filled with goodness. Hence why I’ve called them Amaze-balls! Also known as bliss or protein balls…
So easy to make (seriously, like, less than 10mins) and great at keeping that sweet tooth at bay without all the added sugar. I usually make up a batch through the week and keep in the fridge. Perfect with a cup of herbal tea. And best of all these little gems are dairy, gluten and refined sugar free!
Unlike consuming your regular processed chocolate bar, these little guys will give you that energy boost you need. Healthy fats from the coconut oil, cashews and almonds, antioxidant rich raw cacao (not cocoa), protein and omega-3s from the chia seeds – bliss!
Always a hit at get togethers, why not give them a go and get creative!
- 1 cup soft medjool dates (pitted and soaked for 30mins if they are not already soft and gooey)
- 1 cup raw almonds/cashews/walnuts (preferably soaked overnight to aid in digestion)
- 2 Tbs cacao powder
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbs desiccated coconut
- Start by placing the nuts in the blender and pulse until you get a rough consistency.
- Once the nuts have been ground down a bit, add all other ingredients except the desiccated coconut and blend for 20-30 seconds or so. You want the mix to come together nicely. It should be a bit sticky, but not with lumps of dates in it.
- In a small bowl, add the desiccated coconut.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the mixture out and roll into balls with your hands and roll in the coconut. (Try not to eat any I dare you!) Enjoy!